We were unable to retrieve this faq. Please try submitting your search again or contact support@Bridge.US.

What is an Exchange Visa (J-Visa)?

Exchange Visas allow foreign citizens to visit and study and/or work in the U.S. as nonimmigrants for an approved period of time.The purpose of this visa is to promote the interchange or persons, knowledge, and skills, in the fields of education, arts, and science. People who are interested in applying need to first gain support from a sponsoring agency. These are private or public entities that register with the USCIS to sponsor nonimmigrant visitors. One benefit of the Exchange Visa is that wide variety of supported activities. J-Visa applicants may participate in sponsored activities including: teaching or lecturing, academic studies (non-degree seeking), educational observing, various forms of research, nannies, consulting, demonstrating special skills, participation in training, or to receive graduate medical education or training.

Like what you see? Share this Answer with your friends:
Don't see what you're looking for? send us your question and we'll answer it for you!